The Sheridan Group offers Policy and Advocacy Training Workshops for organizations looking to use the powerful lever of grassroots advocacy to create lasting social change. Trainings are a smart way to reengage staff, board members, program alumni, partners and other important stakeholders. Our trainings are available as individual workshops or as half or full-day events with other like-minded organizations, providing participants with a basic advocacy toolbox as well as a new perspective to their work.
TSG provides policy and advocacy trainings centered around three essential elements: policy (the platform you develop), politics (the constituency you’ll need to support it) and press (a communications strategy to validate your platform). The following services are included in these training programs:
- Working with the client to establish training objectives and success metrics
- Developing strategic and engaging messaging for marketing and media materials
- Designing a customized curriculum and set of training materials
- Securing top talent needed to deliver the curriculum, including guest speakers from the highest levels of their fields
- Providing recommendations on a training evaluation that includes appropriate questions, instruments, and processes to assess success